Thinking of coming to the Lakes Region to take in the beautiful fall foliage? Where driving the scenic roads of New Hampshire is always the best way to enjoy the foliage, why not make a few stops along the way. Some interesting and fun things to do while leaf-peeping include:
- Antiquing – plenty of places to stop in and around Lake Winnipesaukee and along Route 4
- Sample Cheese – creameries in the area have samplings of cheddars, goat cheeses along with jams, jellies and relishes!
- Celebrate the harvest- visit one of the many orchards and go apple-picking! Nothing takes as great as an apple picked right from the tree!
- Hiking – you can be brave and scale the heights of Mount Washington or hike a less challenging but just as satisfying smaller mountain. View the panoramic vistas of color.
- Take in a Fair – NH still has old-time country fairs – Deerfield, Rochester and of course, the Sandwich Fair!
- Visit a one-of-a-kind Museum – the Christa MacAullife Planetarium, The Wright Museum, NH Farm museum – to name a few…all right here!
- Visit a Winery – NH features several vineyards within a short drive of the Lakes Region.
- Seek out the Covered Bridges – while on your tours, visit one of New Hampshire’s treasures – covered bridges all along the scenic by-ways
- Enjoy the Lake – the water may be getting chilly for a swim, but cruises are still available! Viewing fall foliage from the lake is breathtaking.
- Visit a Quilt Shop – they are dotted all around the Lakes Region – if you are a serious (or not so serious!) quilter – this is a must!
These are just a sampling of the things to do in the Fall in the Lakes Region. Plan an intinerary and come on up, we’ve got a cottage waiting for you!