We haven’t yet closed up for the 2015 season – which by the way, was our best EVER!!! Thanks to all of YOU!
We’re already looking ahead to next year.
We’ve started to take reservations for the special events – Laconia Motorcycle Rally, July Nascar and The Soulfest. Some folks have already booked their summer vacations! Time to start thinking about it. Now is time to book the prime units.
For the first time in I honestly don’t know how many years, Cottage 1 – our popular 3 bedroom cottage – is available for the 2016 Laconia Motorcycle Week! Some lucky group is gonna snap this up!
We’re here 24/7/365 so don’t hesitate to contact us anytime – well, we do sleep. 😉
Just ran across this blog which posed the IF question with the vacation spot…http://cantgetthere.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/the-if-question-with-the-vacation-spot/
Oahu versus Weirs Beach – Weirs Beach, of course!
Thinking of coming to the Lakes Region to take in the beautiful fall foliage? Where driving the scenic roads of New Hampshire is always the best way to enjoy the foliage, why not make a few stops along the way. Some interesting and fun things to do while leaf-peeping include:
- Antiquing – plenty of places to stop in and around Lake Winnipesaukee and along Route 4
- Sample Cheese – creameries in the area have samplings of cheddars, goat cheeses along with jams, jellies and relishes!
- Celebrate the harvest- visit one of the many orchards and go apple-picking! Nothing takes as great as an apple picked right from the tree!
- Hiking – you can be brave and scale the heights of Mount Washington or hike a less challenging but just as satisfying smaller mountain. View the panoramic vistas of color.
- Take in a Fair – NH still has old-time country fairs – Deerfield, Rochester and of course, the Sandwich Fair!
- Visit a one-of-a-kind Museum – the Christa MacAullife Planetarium, The Wright Museum, NH Farm museum – to name a few…all right here!
- Visit a Winery – NH features several vineyards within a short drive of the Lakes Region.
- Seek out the Covered Bridges – while on your tours, visit one of New Hampshire’s treasures – covered bridges all along the scenic by-ways
- Enjoy the Lake – the water may be getting chilly for a swim, but cruises are still available! Viewing fall foliage from the lake is breathtaking.
- Visit a Quilt Shop – they are dotted all around the Lakes Region – if you are a serious (or not so serious!) quilter – this is a must!
These are just a sampling of the things to do in the Fall in the Lakes Region. Plan an intinerary and come on up, we’ve got a cottage waiting for you!
All you snow heads out there know that this has been one heck of a year. As many of you from south of us see your crocuses and start dusting off your golf equipment, polishing your convertible cars, boats and motorcycles, we’re still looking at 6’ snow banks along our roads.
Yes, this is a banner year for winter sports. As a skier I can tell you that its been great at all NH ski areas, our local mountain Gunstock continues to have fabulous conditions as has the White Mountain region with areas like Cannon, Loon, Waterville Valley, Wildcat and Attitash all posting way above average, if not record snow amounts.
Snowmobilers coming off a couple of lean snow years are showing their enthusiasm with joyful exuberance. Lake Winnipesaukee is a great place to snowmobile and Weirs Beach is a great place to venture out of. Right from our yard snowmobilers have access to the Lake and the trail system that extends from NH’s southern border to our northern US border.
To all you winter enthusiasts, whether it’s skiing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing or scenic touring, there’s still plenty of snow. So what are you waiting for?
Ever think about how our vacation experiences are formed by major corporate entities? That these huge companies merely homogenize vacation formats so that everyone gets the same thing? Tired of cookie cutter impersonal accommodations with ever changing staff with no on really in charge?
A unique aspect of a Weirs Beach Lake Winnipesaukee vacation is that there are no chain hotels and restaurants in the area. Instead, you’ll find an array of traditional owner-operated tourism businesses where each accommodation is a little different from the rest with restaurants where you don’t already know the menu.
At The Cozy Inn-Lakeview House and Cottages every unit is different, often very different from each other, so choices abound. The ownership and management is highly accessible – we all live here! So whether it’s a room or cottage you can relax in a friendly place with regular folks here in Weirs Beach NH.
It’s February – dead of winter and cabin fever is starting to set in! Take a breather – come visit us this month – President’s Day weekend and school vacation week. We still have availability – there’s lots of outdoor activities to do – skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, ice fishing, snow-shoeing or indoor activities – shopping, movies, dining or just plain relaxing and enjoying a change of scenery! Contact us today!
Right here in Weirs Beach! That’s where! Let Uncle Sam pay for your vacation! With the exciting news coming out of Washington yesterday – a new Economic Stimulus package – that will essentially pay for your vacation! Book it TODAY! We’ve still got several cottages in prime weeks available. You just let us know when and we’ll get you in. Just think a vacation in the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire in fun and picturesque Weirs Beach…ahhhh. You know this is Where You Belong…contact us today!
The holiday weekend is upon us – we got 9 inches of snow on Monday and we’re forecasted for a bit more this weekend. So, if you are a snow enthusiast, come here and play! We’ve got Cottage 7 available (last minute cancellation). Call or email today before it’s gone!