We haven’t yet closed up for the 2015 season – which by the way, was our best EVER!!! Thanks to all of YOU!
We’re already looking ahead to next year.
We’ve started to take reservations for the special events – Laconia Motorcycle Rally, July Nascar and The Soulfest. Some folks have already booked their summer vacations! Time to start thinking about it. Now is time to book the prime units.
For the first time in I honestly don’t know how many years, Cottage 1 – our popular 3 bedroom cottage – is available for the 2016 Laconia Motorcycle Week! Some lucky group is gonna snap this up!
We’re here 24/7/365 so don’t hesitate to contact us anytime – well, we do sleep. 😉
This just in – the Maple Suite is now available for Timberman Triathlon weekend. This large, 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and bath with shower can sleep 6 comfortably. Contact us today if you are still looking!
Have you seen the line-up for the Meadowbrook Concert Series yet? Booked so far are Brad Paisley, Styx, Jackson Brown, Sugarland, Alan Jackson and…Tom Jones!
Thinking of coming to the Lakes Region to take in the beautiful fall foliage? Where driving the scenic roads of New Hampshire is always the best way to enjoy the foliage, why not make a few stops along the way. Some interesting and fun things to do while leaf-peeping include:
- Antiquing – plenty of places to stop in and around Lake Winnipesaukee and along Route 4
- Sample Cheese – creameries in the area have samplings of cheddars, goat cheeses along with jams, jellies and relishes!
- Celebrate the harvest- visit one of the many orchards and go apple-picking! Nothing takes as great as an apple picked right from the tree!
- Hiking – you can be brave and scale the heights of Mount Washington or hike a less challenging but just as satisfying smaller mountain. View the panoramic vistas of color.
- Take in a Fair – NH still has old-time country fairs – Deerfield, Rochester and of course, the Sandwich Fair!
- Visit a one-of-a-kind Museum – the Christa MacAullife Planetarium, The Wright Museum, NH Farm museum – to name a few…all right here!
- Visit a Winery – NH features several vineyards within a short drive of the Lakes Region.
- Seek out the Covered Bridges – while on your tours, visit one of New Hampshire’s treasures – covered bridges all along the scenic by-ways
- Enjoy the Lake – the water may be getting chilly for a swim, but cruises are still available! Viewing fall foliage from the lake is breathtaking.
- Visit a Quilt Shop – they are dotted all around the Lakes Region – if you are a serious (or not so serious!) quilter – this is a must!
These are just a sampling of the things to do in the Fall in the Lakes Region. Plan an intinerary and come on up, we’ve got a cottage waiting for you!
Meadowbrook Musical Arts Center has some great concerts coming up – This Wednesday, July 23, Crosby, Stills & Nash perform. In the upcoming weeks they’ll feature Reba McEntire, Boston, Jethro Tull, Sugarland, Prairie Home Companion, Travis Tritt, The Irish Tenors and even the Backstreet Boys! Something for everyone! We’ve got discounted lawn seats so even if you decide to take in a show at the last minute, you can!
Coming to the Laconia Nationals, Rod, Custom and Muscle Car Show? We understand Jim Cande has put together the best event yet. Everyone in town looks forward to this outstanding display of some of the hottest cars on the planet. We especially enjoy seeing these cars parked on Lakeside Avenue here in Weirs Beach, it just looks oh so right.
This annual Memorial Day automotive extravaganza is rapidly becoming one of the premier events of its kind and is a great opportunity to see these fantastic cars and meet their imaginative creators.
Don’t have a car? Not to worry, everyone is welcome, so come on up. Having the Laconia Nationals in town is fun for everyone; why not include the show for a holiday summer kick off weekend in Weirs Beach on Lake Winnipesaukee?
The folks at Meadowbrook Musical Arts Center are conducting a survey to see what performers you’d like to see. Got anyone in mind? Let us know and we’ll pass it on or just check out their website and cast your vote!
The upcoming Columbus Day weekend looks to be great. The weather forecast is for sunny and warm – summer like temps! The leaves are turning and it’s beautiful. This weekend you will should take in the Sandwich Fair – oxen pulls, pig races, lots of fun and food at this traditional country fair. It is just about a half hour from here. Right here in Weirs Beach, there are foliage train rides, foliage cruises, hiking and just relaxing – not to mention the beach and if the temperatures are in the 80’s – that’s just where you might want to be! If you are afraid that you can’t get a room up in the mountain area, don’t worry – we’ve still got some cottages left and we’re only 45 minutes from Lincoln and the mountains. Our views of the lake with the foliage are spectacular! Come join us – this is where you belong!
Well, Fall is officially here and this weekend there are lots of Fall activities in and around our area:
There is the Autumn Craft Fair in Meredith featuring the famous Chowderfest, Autumn Festival at the Squam Lakes Science Center in Holderness, and the Fall Festival at Castle in the Clouds to name a few. There are Fall Train rides on the Hobo Railroad, foliage cruises on the M/S Mount Washington both here in Weirs Beach, and let’s don’t forget just simple fall foliage hikes on Mount Major or Rattlesnake. All great ways to celebrate the season and its beauty. The weather is great. We have some cottages available so jump in the car and join us!
This upcoming weekend will feature a ZZ Topp concert at Meadowbrook Musical Arts center – they are just 3 miles down the road from us… We have discounted lawn seats for our guests.
Also, there is the Meredith Bay Regatta – Join the Winnipesaukee Rowing Club for a 2.5 mile head race down Meredith Bay.
The leaves are beginning to turn – the weather is fantastic – warm, sunny days and cool nights. So that means you’d better pack a sweater or sweat shirt for evening activities. The cottages are warm and cozy – pack a bag and join us!